Monday 4 October 2010

Mini Shopaholic Review


So I got the book!!
And almost done reading.
I'm quite busy this week with
FinalYear Project Proposal and all,
I haven't got the time to finish it.
And I got to say.
I'm quite dissapointed.
I'm hoping that the book will center about Minnie (the daughter)
Instead, i'ts focussing about Becky planning a suprise birthday party
for Luke. How totally lame is that.
Don't get me wrong, Minnie IS in the book with the
attitude and Nanny Sue (totally a rip off of Suppernanny).
But she's like a supporting role (credit to Yazira) instead of the main character.

It also kinda disturbs me that Luke always
starts with
"Becky....."
Instead of "Honey...." or "Baby..."
Really I can't feel the love like in the "Shopaholic and Baby".
Well atleast until the couple of last chapters.

Though I still have my utter respect to Sophie Kinsella.
It is really hard to continue what seems to be a flawless run.
And I still can't put it down whenever I start reading it.
(One time this guy totally stare at me in the tube cause I'm smiling
too hard)

And the letters doesn't dissapoint.
(You shopaholic die-hards know what I mean right?)
My favorite is when Becky wrote to the Chancellor and ask for
"damehoods for shopping"
cause she shops so much and shows
"real commitment to sustaining the economy"
Now if thats real no doubt I will get one of those.

I'm also wondering what is it like to be in Luke's shoe.
Wouldn't it be amazing if we have a spin-off from Luke's point of view?
He'll be like :
"Oh Golly what is she doing this time. I told her to tell her parents already."

*Spoiler alert*

The end of the book totally give a clue that
Becky and family will have a new adventure in
Planet Hollywood.
(Yes I cheated, I read the end first)

Now THAT I can't wait.
Sophie Kinsella (Madeleine Wickham, whatevs)
Please Please Please
don't dissapoint me this time!

Not so good picture.
Blamethephotographer.
*Coughs*

No comments:

Post a Comment