Monday 31 January 2011

Career Rant

First of all I will stop apologising for not updating my blog
since I found out that most bloggers are really not consistence on blogging.
Hence I am normal then ;D

I'm here to write about a mayjah career detour.
Well its not certain yet but this is what I have in mind now and I'm kinda tired doing my dissertation so I decide to blog about it!!!!

I was determined to take actuarial science when I was Form 5,
together with my roomate Hana. Despite the obvious which is money (duhh)
actuarial science seems rather appealing to me as I was told that it involves
around Maths which I am really good at (well atleast at that time).

Boy I can't be more wrong.
True, actuarial science DOES revolves around maths, but not the parts that I love.
I love solving puzzles (which reminds me I HAVE to write about rubik's cube!!), I love
the mysteriousness around maths (ok im going over board here).
The maths around actuarial science is actually more theoretical,
which actually stop making sense to me. Only now I figured out why the classes (actuarial related) bores me to death , and the explanation is just simple ; I just checked out.
Plus the idea of working in the insurance business is just YAWN.



So if I don't want to be an actuary what can I do with my (Insya-Allah)
Actuarial Science Degree? I was recently recently choose Investment
as my elective subject and I'm dare to declare here that I didn't feel so connected
with a subject in so long. Plus I took Technical Analysis last term and I love it too.
Basically now I love doing anything involving shares and funds.
It is soooo much interesting and unpredictable ;
that is I won't be doing the same thing everyday as the market is full of surprises!
Plus there is much more men in suits ;D

So for now, I'm inclined towards Investment Banking or
Technical Analysis but who knew when I'll change my mind.
One thing I know , for the first time in years, I can see my future.

p/s: happy new year=)


No comments:

Post a Comment